New Guidelines for international arrivals(to be operational from 8th August 2020)
Before Planning for Travel:
1.All travelers should submit self-declaration form on the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel.
2. They should also give an undertaking on the portal that they would undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days i.e. 7 days quarantine at their own cost and followed by 7 days isolation at home with self-monitoring of health.
3. Only for some reasons/ cases of human Emergency such as pregnancy, death in family, serious illness and parent(s) with children of the age of 10 years or below,14 days home quarantine may be permitted.
4. If they want to seek from above mentioned exemption under para (iii), they shall apply at least 72 hours before boarding to the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) . As communicated on the online portal the decision taken by the government will be final.
5. Travelers may also seek exemption from institutional quarantine by submitting a negative RT- PCR test report on arrival. This test should have been done within 96 hrs prior to undertaking the journey. For consideration purpose the test report should be uploaded on the portal.
6. All passenger shall also submit a declaration form with respect to authenticity of the report. Arrival at the point of entry airport in India all passenger could be produced the test report.
1. All passengers shall be advised to download Arogya Setu app on their mobile devices.
2. At the time of boarding the flight/ ship, only asymptomatic travelers will be allowed to board after thermal screening.
3.Only those who are asymptomatic will be enabled to cross the border into India and Passengers which are arriving through the land borders will also have to go through the same protocol as above.
4. During boarding and at the airports, all possible measures to ensure social distancing to be maintained.
5. Suitable precautionary measures such as environmental sanitation and disinfection shall be ensured at the airports.
1. Travelers who had not filled in self-declaration form on the portal shall fill the same in duplicate in the flight/ship and a copy of the same will be given to Immigration and Health officials present at the airport or seaport or Iandport. Alternatively, this type of travelers may also submit self-declaration form on the online portal at arriving airport/ seaport/ Iandport as per the directions of the concerned authorities, if such facility is available.
2.Announcement about COVID-19 pandemic including precautionary measures to be followed shall be made at airports/port and in flights/ships and during transit.
3. While on board the flight or ship, required precautions such as wearing of masks, environmental hygiene, respiratory hygiene, hand hygiene etc. are to be required by airline/ ship staff, crew and all passengers.
1.Deboarding should be done ensuring social distancing.
2. Thermal screening would be carried out in respect of all the passengers by the Health officials present at the airport/ seaport/ Iandport.Mandatory to be shown the self-declaration form filled online (or a copy of physical self-declaration form to be submitted) to the airport health staff.
3. The passengers found to be symptomatic during screening shall be immediately isolated and taken to medical facility as per health protocol.
4. The passengers who have been exempted from institutional quarantine (decision as indicated on the online portal in advance) will show the same online application approval form to the respective State Counters on their cell phones or other mode before being allowed home quarantine for 14 days.
5. The remaining passengers shall be taken to suitable institutional quarantine facilities, to be arranged by the respective State/ UT Governments.
6. These passengers shall be kept under institutional quarantine for a minimum period of 7 days. They shall be tested as per ICMR protocol If they test positive and they shall be isolated in the Covid Care Centre.
a. If they are found as asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic or very mild cases, they will be allowed home isolation or isolated in the Covid Care Centre (both public & private facilities) as appropriate.
b. Those having mild or moderate or severe symptoms will be admitted to dedicated Covid Health facilities and managed accordingly. If found negative,than they shall be advised to further isolate at home and self-monitor their health for 7 days.
7. If any symptoms develop they shall inform the district surveillance officer or the state/national call center (1075).